This policy applies to the information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and SunSource;
- Through the Website and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Website and Services;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy does NOT apply to information you provide to or that is collected by any third-party, including through application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Personal Information. This includes, but is not limited to, information that we use to identify you, such as your name, address, email address, company name, job title, demographic data, telephone number, and fax number.
- Non-Personal Information. This includes, but is not limited to, user behavior on our Services and aggregated generic information. This is information about you but does not identify you.
- Usage Information. This includes, but is not limited to, information about your device including IP address, browser type, and version, time zone setting, and page interaction collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. We collect information that you provide to us, including but not limited to, the information you provide by filling in forms on our Services, such as information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material on the Website, or requesting further services on the Website. We may also ask for this information when you report a problem with our Services, or exercise your privacy rights and choices.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage information as described above, and we may use these technologies, at times in connection with third-party services, to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
We do not control these third parties use of tracking technologies. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, for several reasons:
- To present our Services and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To set up, maintain, and support our Services;
- To monitor the use of our Services in order to detect security incidents;
- For internal marketing purposes, such as marketing research;
- To notify you about the changes to our Website, or any products or services we offer through the Website;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- With affiliates and subsidiaries, business partners, service providers, or other third parties we use to provide you with the Services and its contents and functions. We use third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as billing and payment processing.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SunSource, our customers, or others.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. If you have questions regarding privacy-related rights, you may contact us at the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Certain data protection laws may provide you with more privacy rights than those listed above, depending on your residency.
California Privacy Rights
This section is our Privacy Notice for California Residents (“Notice”) and applies to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”/”your”) and use our Services, as contemplated under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”).
If you wish to exercise your rights under the CCPA/CPRA, please contact us using any of the methods provided in the Contact Us section below. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware that under certain circumstances, the CCPA/CPRA may limit your exercise of these rights
We collect different types of information from users, and we use and/or disclose this information for different business purposes. The chart below identifies the Personal Information we may collect and lists the parties with whom we may share this information and for what business purpose.
|Category of Personal Information||Specific Personal Information that may be collected||Purpose of Collecting the personal information||Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected||Is this category of Personal Information shared with third parties?||Categories of third parties with which the Personal Information may be shared||Purpose of disclosing or sharing Personal Information|
|Identifiers||Name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, IP address, and account information||To uniquely identify an individual in support of business activities||Website, Website Analytics Tools (eg: Google Analytics, FreshChat, and HubSpot)||This information may be linked between our systems||Website Tracking Services, Customer Service, and Marketing Tools||To fulfill business purposes, including providing products/services, maintaining corresponding transactions, business records, controlling, answer your questions and provide customer support, and improving the performance and quality of the website and your website experience|
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e))||Name, address, telephone number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories||To uniquely identify an individual in support of business activities||Website, FreshChat||This information may be linked between our systems||Website Tracking Services and Marketing Tools||To fulfill business purposes, including providing products/services, answer your questions and provide customer support, maintaining corresponding transactions, business records, controlling and improving the performance and quality of the website and your website experience|
|Commercial Information||Contact information and transaction/order history||To support business transactions||Website and Manual Entry into company systems||No||To fulfill business purposes, including providing products/services, maintaining corresponding transactions, business records, controlling and improving the performance and quality of the website and your website experience|
|Internet or other similar network activity||IP address, browser type and version, Browsing history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, or advertisement||To allow access to and optimize our website||Website, Website Analytics Tools (eg: Google Analytics, FreshChat, and HubSpot)||This information may be linked between our systems||Website Tracking Services and Marketing Tools||To fulfill business purposes, including providing products/services, maintaining corresponding transactions, business records, controlling and improving the performance and quality of the website and your website experience|
|Geolocation data||Information that can identify an individual’s precise location||To uniquely identify an individual in support of business activities||Website, Website Analytics Tools (eg: Google Analytics, HubSpot)||This information may be linked between our systems||Website Tracking Services and Marketing Tools||To fulfill business purposes, including providing products/services, maintaining corresponding transactions, business records, controlling and improving the performance and quality of the website and your website experience|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations||To uniquely identify an individual in support of business activities||Website, Website Analytics Tools (eg: Google Analytics, HubSpot)||This information may be linked between our systems||Website Tracking Services and Marketing Tools|
Use of Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information. We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one of the purposes listed in the chart. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without first providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties for the purpose of cross-context behavioral advertising. For opt-out options, please see the Your Rights and Choices section below.
- The time required to retain personal data to fulfill business purpose, including providing products/services
- Maintaining corresponding transaction/business records
- Controlling and improving the performance and quality of the website
- Handling possible user queries or complaints and locating problems
- Whether the user agrees to a longer retention period
- Whether the law, contracts, and other equivalencies have special requirements for data retention
Your California Rights and Choices
The CCPA/CPRA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA/CPRA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sharing
You will be opted in by default to the sharing of Personal Information as defined under the CCPA/CPRA. You can opt out of sharing the Personal Information at any time by clicking on this hyperlink https://www.sun-source.com/ContactUs and submit your request with a note that states you would like to opt-out of the sharing of the sharing of Personal Information as defined under the CCPA/CPRA. Please note, we do not track users across devices, so you will have to opt out form each device where you access our services.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list of the disclosures made identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Correct/Rectify Personal Information
You have the right to rectify (correct, update, or modify) the personal information we collect about you. After making such a request, we will take commercially reasonable efforts to correct inaccurate personal information within 45 days of receiving the request. In the event an extension is needed, we may take an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary. In this case, we will provide you a notice of extension within the first 45-day period.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, specifically if you previously provided informed consent and deleting that information may seriously impair or render impossible the research’s achievement.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of personal information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Opt-out of Data Sharing, Access, Rectification, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise data sharing opt-out, access, rectification, data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at [email protected]
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will try our best to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another and should allow you to further transmit information if you desire.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive or unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA/CPRA rights. Based solely on the exercise of your CCPA/CPRA rights, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
If you are a customer of SunSource and have questions or comments about this CCPA/CPRA Policy or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to us in connection with our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Services.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices contact us at:
Attn: eCommerce & IT Department
2301 Windsor Court
Addison, IL 60101
Effective Date: January 1, 2023